Thursday, November 13, 2008

Tune in and turn me on...

So I have a funny confession to make... I have rarely shared this secret with anyone until a few weeks ago when I was face to face with one of the greatest women in my life. Who knows how it came up... but out of no where I felt the need to come clean. Aerosmith turns me on. Any day of the week, any time of day, put on "Crazy", "Cryin'", that Armageddon song, and then take me to bed.

While in reality, simply listening to the crooning of Steven Tyler won't really get you in my pants (nice try, boys) it is interesting to me the emotion that comes from music. Shortly after I made my confession, Erin and I went to enjoy the blue grass funk of The Avett Brothers... a soulful, harmonic trio of men (sometimes more) who love music so much they can sweep you into a frenzy of dancing and singing and clapping your hands out of pure joy. In fact, they can bring you to tears. I had never sat in an audience and felt so involved in the music as I did that night. The lights dimmed and the spotlight came up on Seth (I think that's the right brother... the really hot one) and he began to sing a song called "Murder in the City". It's about a boy that moves to the city and wants to put his nervous family at ease by assuring them that if he should get murdered in the city that things would be ok (at least that's how the song speaks to me). The whole song is brilliant, but towards the end, my brother sings....

If I get murdered in the city
Go read the letter in my desk
Don't bother with all my belongings
But pay attention to the list

Make sure my sister knows I love her
Make sure my mother knows the same
Always remember, there is nothing worth sharing like the love that let us share our name

Need I say more?

1 comment:

emarie said...

Bwahahahaha. That confession made my YEAR, pretty lady! I couldn't have experienced that show with anyone else the way I did with you. I love that you get my heart's need for crooning and swooning, for dancing and singing.

Have I told you lately that YOU are one the great women in MY life? Funny how that works out.

xx