Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The loves of my life

How many people actually stay in touch with the people they were friends with in childhood?  This is a question I often ask myself these days.  I look around the many faces that bless my circle and I see some very familiar ones.  There is the girl that was my best friend in 2nd grade... even further back there is the girl that was my very first best friend when our mothers sold TupperWare together when we were 3.  There is the girl that kept me from losing myself in middle school, and actually probably had the biggest influence in shaping who I am.  There is the girl that played the flute next to me for many years as we laughed and made up words and traveled to hell and back.

These are the women I look at now and I am amazed at how after all these years they challenge me.  What a wonderful thing to feel like I will be loved forever because I met these ladies in my youth.  I can say a lot of negative things about where I come from, but that place brought me to them, so in a way it was the most positive place of my life thus far.  

And after a wonderful Valentine's Day with some of them in city full of history just as our friendships are... I am glad to proclaim to the world how much I love them... every day of the year.

No comments: